Tattooing most popular with Canadian young people

-1.2 million Canadians (4%) had a tattoo in the past year
- Tattooing is most popular among Canadians 18 to 24 (20%) and 25 to 34 (24%), and taken together these two age groups account for 44% of the total
- Canadians living in the Atlantic region are most likely to get a tattoo (5% in past year), and Quebecers are least likely (3%). Canadians in other regions get tattoos in line with the national average of 4%
- Females are slightly more likely to get a tattoo than are males - 55% of the total are females versus 45% male
- In terms of yesterday exposure, the top four media for reaching Canadians who had a tattoo in the past year are: TV (87%), radio (85%), Internet (60%) and daily papers (51%).

Source: BBM RTS Canada Fall '03 / Spring '04

The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 55,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Canada. For more information contact Craig Dorning of BBM Canada: cdorning@bbm.ca.

-1.2 million Canadians (4%) had a tattoo in the past year

- Tattooing is most popular among Canadians 18 to 24 (20%) and 25 to 34 (24%), and taken together these two age groups account for 44% of the total

- Canadians living in the Atlantic region are most likely to get a tattoo (5% in past year), and Quebecers are least likely (3%). Canadians in other regions get tattoos in line with the national average of 4%

- Females are slightly more likely to get a tattoo than are males – 55% of the total are females versus 45% male

- In terms of yesterday exposure, the top four media for reaching Canadians who had a tattoo in the past year are: TV (87%), radio (85%), Internet (60%) and daily papers (51%).

Source: BBM RTS Canada Fall ’03 / Spring ’04

The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 55,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Canada. For more information contact Craig Dorning of BBM Canada: cdorning@bbm.ca.