Canadians and ‘Sandy McTire’ – BBM Media Snapshot
A whopping 4.6 million Canadians (17%) used Canadian Tire Money in the past year - and whether or not the affable Scotsman was on the bills actually says a lot about the redeemers.
Here is pretty much everything you need to know about who’s spending Canadian Tire Money and why:
* Those who redeemed the Canadian Tire Money that featured the well-known portrait of the fictional character Sandy McTire are 50% less likely than average Canadians to be 18 to 24 years old, and 30% more likely to be 45 to 55 years old.
* Canadian Tire Money redeemers are 70% more likely to drive a full-sized van than average Canadians.
* Canadian Tire Money redeemers are twice as likely to have attended boat shows and RV shows in the past year than average Canadians.
* Canadian Tire Money redeemers are 70% more likely to have travelled to one or more of the Maritime provinces for a summer vacation in the last 3 years than average Canadians.
* TV (87%), radio (87%), and Internet (61%) are the top 3 media by yesterday exposure for Canadian Tire Money redeemers.
* The top three formats for weekly radio reach for Canadian Tire Money redeemers are News/Talk (36%), Adult Contemporary (30%), and Hot Adult Contemporary (21%).
* The top three television program genres watched in an average week by this group are movies (66%), news/current affairs (62%), and suspense/crime dramas (47%).
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Fall ’06, Individuals 12+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 60,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Craig Dorning of BBM Analytics: email@example.com.