Fascinating facts about curling Canadians: BBM Media Snapshot
Care for some ... uh, sweeping stats on the 2.1 million (8%) Canadians who curl on a regular or an occasional basis? Here you go.
* Curlers are 80% more likely to have drunk rye, 50% more likely to have drunk rum, and 45% more likely to have drunk scotch in the last month than average Canadians.
* Curlers are 40% more likely than average Canadians to have attended university.
* Women make up 39% of the participants of the ‘Roaring Game’ in Canada.
* On average, Prairie residents are 2.3 times more likely to be curlers than Canadians residing in other provinces.
* Curlers are 3 times more likely than average Canadians to belong to a golf club.
* Curlers’ households are 50% more likely than average to have 4 or more owned or leased vehicles.
* Curlers are 50% more likely than average Canadians to have visited The Keg, Boston Pizza or Kelsey’s in the last year.
* Curlers are 50% more likely than average Canadians to fish or hunt as a regular or occasional activity.
* Curlers also like football as they are 80% more likely to watch CFL games than average Canadians.
* Radio (88%), TV (87%) and the Internet (67%) are the top 3 media by yesterday exposure for curlers.
* The top 3 formats for weekly radio reach for curlers are News/Talk (32%), Country (27%), and Adult Contemporary (26%).
* The top 3 television program types watched in an average week by this group are News/Current Affairs programs (60%), Movies (59%), and Suspense/Crime dramas (48%).
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Fall ’06, Individuals 12+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 60,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Craig Dorning of BBM Analytics: email@example.com.