Dailies and TV get a charge out of utilities: Nielsen Media Research Spend Trend
Not all hot air is generated in national capitals north and south of the border. And since deregulation of the industry, Canada's hydro, power and natural gas marketers have increased their spending significantly year over year to let consumers know what's what.
Although daily newspapers snagged the most ad bucks from the utilities sector last year, TV spending was barely a heartbeat behind.
Total National Media Spend – Q1 2006 – Utilities
|Q1 2003||Q1 2004||Q1 2005||Q1 2006|
National Q1 2006 Total Spend by Medium
|Out of Home:||$85,125||(1.0%)|
National Q1 2006 – Top 5 Spenders – Utilities
1) Powerwise – Powerwise Energy Program – (Hydro & power)
2) Quebec Government – Quebec Hydro – (Hydro & power)
3) City of Calgary – Enmax – (Hydro & power)
4) Noverco Inc. – Gaz Metro Natural Gas – (Natural gas)
5) Centrica PLC – Direct Energy Natural Gas – (Natural gas)
The preceding data is from the Nielsen Media Research, AdExpenditures. For more information, please contact Anita Boyle Evans, Anita.Boyleevans@nielsen.com .
All data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.