Canadian snowboarders off and on the slopes: BBM Media Snapshot
Appropriately enough in the frozen north, 2.1 million Canadians--or 8 percent of the population--snowboard. Any guesses as to which beer they prefer?
Usable insights into the habits and preferences of Canada’s 2.1 million snowboarders include the following:
* Snowboarders are 2.5 times more likely to be single or never married than the average Canadian.
* The average age of snowboarders is 25 years old; the average age of non-boarders is 45.
* Snowboarders are 30% more likely to be from British Columbia.
* Snowboarders are 3 times more likely than average Canadians to to download music or MP3 files either through free or paid Internet sites.
* Adult snowboarders (18+) are 2.7 times more likely than average Canadians to be loyal Molson Canadian beer drinkers.
* TV (84%), radio (84%), and Internet (67%) are the top 3 media frequented by Canadian snowboarders.
* The top three formats for weekly radio reach for this group are: Mainstream Top 40/CHR (40%), Hot Adult Contemporary (32%), and Adult Contemporary (30%).
* Movies (53%), reality shows (47%), and suspense/crime dramas (43%) are the top 3 television programs watched in an average week by snowboarders.
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Fall ’06, Individuals 12+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 64,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Craig Dorning of BBM Analytics: firstname.lastname@example.org.