Sweet for the sweet rules for Valentines Day: Nielsen Media Research Spend Trend
Who needs Cupid when you've got chocolate? That's the media buyers' mindset when it comes to Valentine's Day.
Who needs Cupid when you’ve got chocolate? That seems to be the mindset when it comes to media spending for Valentine’s Day. Chocolate marketers – the biggest spenders – put most of their dollars into TV, but dailies also get a sweet deal in second place.
|Total National Media Spend – Q1 2006 – Valentines Day|
|Q1 2003||Q1 2004||Q1 2005||Q1 2006|
National Q1 2006 Total Spend by Medium
|Out of Home:||$67,448||(13.8%)|
National Q1 2006 – Top 5 Spenders – Valentines Day
1) Lindt & Sprungli AG – Lindt Lindor Chocolates – (Chocolates: boxed)
2) Ferrero SPA – Ferrero Rocher Clusters – (Chocolates: boxed)
3) Gordon Brothers Group LLC – Laura Secord Chocolates Boxed – (Chocolates: boxed)
4) Montostar Inc. – Lingerie Romance Gift Store – (Lingerie)
5) Roll International Corp. – Teleflora Flowers – (Florists)
The preceding data is from the Nielsen Media Research, AdExpenditures. For more information, please contact Anita Boyle Evans, Anita.Boyleevans@nielsen.com .
All data courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.