Shutterbugs prolific in more ways than one: BBM Media Snapshot
Camera-loving Canucks are 2.2 times more likely to be visited by the stork.
Don’t ask us why, but Canada’s photography buffs are twice as likely as average Canadians to use baby shampoo for their own personal care. Here’s what else they’re into:
* 1.5 million (5%) of Canadians have shopped at a photo/digital finishing or camera store one or more times per month in the past year.
* Their photographic interests also include video, as they are 75% more likely to have purchased a video camera in the past 2 years than average Canadians
* As a group, these Canadians are twice as likely as the average person to have read Cosmopolitan or Martha Stewart Living in the past month.
* TV (86%), radio (83%), and Internet (62%) are the top 3 media by yesterday exposure for frequent photo/digital finishing or camera store shoppers.
* The top three formats by weekly radio reach for this group are: Adult Contemporary (33%), Hot Adult Contemporary (26%), and News/Talk (26%).
* Movies (64%), News/Current affairs (56%), and Suspense/crime dramas (45%) are the top three television program types watched in an average week by these photography enthusiasts.
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Fall ’06, Individuals 12+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 64,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Craig Dorning of BBM Analytics: firstname.lastname@example.org.