TV cleans up for spring: Nielsen Media Research Spend Trend
Fortunately, heels and pearls are no longer the required attire for spring cleaning in TV commercials.
Almost 80% of all dollars spent in this category go to TV, presumably to better showcase the respective marketers’ products and all those smiling – and often dancing – people using them.
Product sectors included in this category are: cleaning products – image/promotion/family; cleaning services and stores; drain cleaners; floor care appliances, services and equipment; furniture and panel polishes/cleaners; household cleaners/cleansers; oven cleaners; rug and upholstery cleaners/shampoos; scouring pads and sponges; toilet bowl cleaners; window and glass cleaners; window cleaning equipment; and brooms/mops/dusters.
Total National Media Spend – Q2 – Spring cleaning
|Q2 2003||Q2 2004||Q2 2005||Q2 2006|
National Q2 2006 Total Spend by Medium
|Out of Home:||$58,931||(0.6%)|
National Q2 2006 – Top 5 Spenders – Spring cleaning
1) Procter & Gamble Company – Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power Clean Pad – (Scouring pads & sponges)
2) Dyson Inc. – Dyson Vacuum Cleaner – (Floor care appliances: services, equipment)
3) Procter & Gamble Company – Mr. Clean Antibacterial Multi Surface Spray – (Household cleaners & cleansers)
4) Reckitt Benckiser PLC – Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner – (Toilet bowl cleaners)
5) Reckitt Benckiser PLC – Easy Off BAM Universal Degreaser Cleaner – (Household cleaners & cleansers)
The preceding data is from the Nielsen Media Research, AdExpenditures. For more information, contact Anita Boyle Evans, Anita.Boyleevans@nielsen.com .