What’s up with condo dwellers? – BBM Media Snapshot
Condos and, consequently, condo dwellers are mushrooming across Canada. What should you know about their preferences and habits?
Fully 1.8 million (7%) of Canadians live in a home that is part of a condominium complex. Here are some valuable data about this target group.
• These Canadians are twice as likely as average Canadians to live in a single person household.
• Condominium dwellers are 80% more likely to live in BC than average Canadians.
• Canadians who live in condominiums are 50% more likely to have a pet bird and 50% less likely to have a pet dog than average Canadians.
• They are also 50% more likely than average Canadians to participate regularly in Pilates or yoga classes.
• This group is 2.5 times more likely than average Canadians to have used a pest control service in their homes.
• They are twice as likely as average Canadians to have taken a cruise vacation in the past 3 years.
• And condo residents are 2.6 times more likely than average Canadians to have a hearing aid.
• TV (85%), Radio (80%), and Internet (63%) are the top 3 media by yesterday exposure for Canadians who live in a condominium.
• The top three formats by weekly radio reach for this group are: News/Talk (34%), Adult Contemporary (29%), and Classical/Fine Arts (15%).
• News/Current affairs (69%), Movies (56%), and Suspense/crime dramas (44%) are the top three television program types watched in an average week by condominium dwellers.
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Fall ’06, Individuals 12+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 64,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Andrew Currie of BBM Analytics: firstname.lastname@example.org.