TV guzzles gas dollars: Nielsen Media Research Spend Trend
Another weekend, another jump at the pumps. But don't despair - just look at how much money the petroleum companies are putting back into industry pockets.
TV drives the media spend in the petroleum category, accounting for almost three-quarters of all the dollars. Meanwhile, dailies and radio pick up sizeable chunks in second and third spots, ahead of print media.
Total National Media Spend – Q2 – Petroleum – Oil and Gas
|Q2 2003||Q2 2004||Q2 2005||Q2 2006|
National Q2 2006 Total Spend by Medium
|Out of Home:||$236,351||(2.2%)|
National Q2 2006 – Top 5 Spenders – Petroleum – Oil and Gas
1) Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Cos. – Shell Gasoline – (Automotive fuel)
2) Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Cos – Shell Canada Image – (Oil company, image)
3) J.D. Irving Ltd. – Irving Oil Image – (Oil company, image)
4) Pennzoil-Quaker State Company – Pennzoil Platinum Motor Oil – (Oil, grease, lubricants, additive, automotive)
5) Pennzoil-Quaker State Company – Quaker State Q Motor Oil – (Oil, grease, lubricants, additive, automotive)
The preceding data is from the Nielsen Media Research, AdExpenditures. For more information, contact Anita Boyle Evans, Anita.Boyleevans@nielsen.com.