Father’s Day: Nielsen Media Research Spend Trend
TV takes it to couch-potato dads.
At this time of year, all Dad has to do is turn on the TV, sit back and relax as all his favourite things parade in front of him in full colour across the screen. Power tools and gadgets, home electronics, sporting goods and golf and country clubs are just some of the categories that put their money into TV for Father’s Day.
And if Dad’s looking to get a little exercise turning pages, he can also pick out his gifts in the dailies – the second choice for advertisers in these categories.
Total National Media Spend – Q2 – Father’s Day
|Q2 2003||Q2 2004||Q2 2005||Q2 2006|
National Q2 2006 Total Spend by Medium
|Out of Home:||$255,608||(0.6%)|
National Q2 2006 – Top 5 Spenders – Father’s Day
1) Rona Inc. – Rona Building Centres – (Hardware stores & building centres)
2) The Home Depot – Home Depot Hardware Stores – (Hardware stores & building centres)
3) Best Buy Co. Inc. – Future Shop Home Entertainment Dept. – (Electronic stores & home entertainment depts.)
4) Rona Inc. – Reno Depot Building Centres – (Hardware stores & building centres)
5) Best Buy Co. Inc. – Best Buy Electronics Home Entertainment Dept. – (Electronic stores & home entertainment depts.)
The preceding data is from the Nielsen Media Research, AdExpenditures. For more information, please contact Anita Boyle Evans, Anita.Boyleevans@nielsen.com.