Outdoor living: Nielsen Media Research Spend Trend
It's the dailies that are enjoying outdoor living the most.
It’s summertime and it seems that dailies are the first stop for those looking to install a new pool or patio, or to buy new outdoor furniture. More than three-quarters of the dollars spent in this category go into dailies, leaving TV in a distant second place.
Products and services in this category include awnings and canopies; cement, concrete, asphalt, brick and stone; department store garden and patio shops; doors, windows, glass, glass enclosures, greenhouses and garden buildings; pool and patio centres; pool accessories; garden and patio furniture and appliances; and wooden decking, floors and stairs.
Total National Media Spend – Q3 – Outdoor living
|Q3 2003||Q3 2004||Q3 2005||Q3 2006|
National Q3 2006 Total Spend by Medium
|Out of Home:||$159,687||(2.1%)|
National Q3 2006 – Top 5 Spenders – Outdoor living
1) Solarium de Paris – Solarium de Paris Solariums – (Doors, windows, sheds, enclosures & accessories)
2) Trevi Pools Inc. – Trevi Pool & Patio Centres – (Pool & patio centres)
3) Canada Spas Depot – Canada Spas Depot Stores – (Pool & patio centres)
4) Zytco Solarium Ltd. – Zytco Sunrooms – (Doors, windows, sheds, enclosures & accessories)
5) International Pool & Spa – International Pool & Spa Centers – (Pool & patio centres)
The preceding data is from the Nielsen Media Research, AdExpenditures. For more information, please contact Andrea Beach, Andrea.Beach@nielsen.com.