Pampering and personal care: Nielsen Media Research Spend Trend
TV and dailies are looking good.
This category’s ad spend is growing steadily year after year as marketers answer demand for products that buff, bleach, tan and get Canadians looking their best. TV is the main medium, although the dailies also give it a good run for the money.
Aside from the top five spenders, other brands in this category range from face, hand and body cleansers to cosmetic store chains, hair salons, tanning salons, and personal-care equipment and appliances.
Total National Media Spend, Q3 – Pampering and Personal Care
|Q3 2003||Q3 2004||Q3 2005||Q3 2006|
National Q3 2006 Total Spend by Medium
|Out of Home:||$564,541||(3.1%)|
National Q3 2006 – Top 5 Spenders – Pampering and personal care
1) LA Weight Loss Ctrs. Inc. – LA Weight Loss Centres – (Fitness & health clubs, weight loss plans & centres)
2) Nestle SA – Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centres – (Fitness & health clubs, weight loss plans & centres)
3) Dr. Bernstein Health & Diet Clinics – Dr. Bernstein Health & Diet Clinics – (Fitness & health clubs, weight loss plans & centres)
4) Recitt Benckiser PLC – Veet Ready to Use Wax Strips – (Hair removal, body hair bleach)
5) Herbal Magic Systems International – Herbal Magic Systems Weight Loss Centres – (Fitness & health clubs, weight loss plans & centres)
The preceding data is from the Nielsen Media Research, AdExpenditures. For more information, please contact Andrea Beach, Andrea.Beach@nielsen.com.