Women in the stands: BBM Media Snapshot
Ever wondered about what other activities female football fans are into?
Fully 1.6 million Canadian women (11%) attend football games occasionally or regularly, and they’re twice as likely as their female compatriots to have consumed Scotch whiskey in the past month. Here’s what else they’re into:
• Canadian women who regularly attend football games are twice as likely as average Canadian women to have attended an executive or management training school in the past 3 years.
• They are 80% more likely to have purchased wedding services in the past 2 years.
• They are 75% more likely to have spent $250 or more a year on men’s shoes.
• Female gridiron fans are twice as likely as average Canadian women to read Cosmopolitan.
• They are twice as likely to have visited a pub restaurant one or more times in the past year.
• They are 70% more likely to wear contact lenses.
• As a group, women who go to football games are 75% more likely to have a wireless home network than average Canadian women.
• TV (88%), radio (86%) and Internet (66%) are the top 3 media by yesterday exposure for Canadian women who attend football games occasionally or regularly.
• The top 3 radio formats by weekly reach for this group are: Adult Contemporary (31%), News/Talk (27%) and Hot Adult Contemporary (22%).
• Movies (61%), News/Current affairs (54%) and Suspense/Dramas (50%) are the top 3 television program types watched in an average week by these Canadian gridiron fans.
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Spring 2007, Individuals 12+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 65,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Andrew Currie of BBM Analytics: email@example.com.