Cineplex aiming to ‘revolutionize’ entertainment landscape
Beginning with its SilverCity theatre in Oakville, the chain is adding bowling, billiards, babysitting and 'VIP experiences.'
Today, Cineplex Entertainment is taking another giant step into what logic suggests will be the future for mega-movie complexes.
At its SilverCity Oakville Cinemas in southern Ontario, Cineplex will unveil some impressive out-of-home entertainment extras. The new amenities and services at the 12-screen, 45,000-square-foot movie complex include bowling, billiards, babysitting and VIP auditoriums.
The chain’s aim is nothing short of ‘revolutionizing the entertainment landscape in Canada,’ says Cineplex president/CEO Ellis Jacob. ‘This is a true entertainment complex like no other, with something for guests of all ages to enjoy. It is the next generation in theatre entertainment, with many new amenities and services all under one roof.’
As with Cineplex’s burgeoning non-movie offerings – which include opera and sports events – appropriate marketers are being invited to get in on the new initiatives. Food vendors already on board include Pizza Pizza, New York Fries, Yogen Fruz and Chaqwa specialty coffees and teas.
• The Backlot family entertainment centre has six lanes of bowling, a licensed lounge with appetizer menu offerings, two party rooms and a games room with the latest interactive video games and billiards;
• VIP Experience (for ages 19 and up only) with three auditoriums featuring reserved seating, in-seat service and a licensed lounge with appetizer menu offerings, private box office, concession stand and premium seats;
• Cineplex Kids Club child-minding services staffed by the YMCA of Oakville for parents and caregivers while they watch movies;
• Canada’s largest digital cinema system with nine cutting-edge projectors delivering razor-sharp images;
• FastLane Service allowing guests to order food and beverages at an automated kiosk and then proceed to the FastLane counter to pick them up;
• XTRAS – a retail store offering DVDs, CDs, books, magazines and movie collectibles including posters, action figures and T-shirts.