strategy is looking for a few ‘good’ brands
With the aim of identifying marketers that are 'doing well by doing good,' MiC's parent publication is sponsoring a juried competition, and calling for submissions to strategy's Cause + Action Awards - Honoring CSR Brand Plans That Are Changing Minds. And Matter.
Strategy is once again honouring brands that are making a socially responsible difference, and marketers are invited to enter a case study into the Cause + Action Awards.
These case studies should include an overview of the brand’s social strategy, detailing its most recent efforts (with a focus on the last calendar year), and providing objectives and results. The cases should be structured in four sections: inspiration; execution; marketing efforts; and results.
The following issues (where applicable) must be addressed:
• Brand DNA – How well does the brand’s social strategy mesh with its positioning? Is there a simple, strong and relevant connection?
• Uniqueness – Does the brand have a program that is distinct and identifiable as your social strategy space? Does the program give new definition/meaning to your brand?
• Awareness – How has the brand successfully created awareness of the social strategy efforts among partners, customers and consumers? How has the brand generated widespread buzz for its initiatives, reaching beyond existing customers to the general public?
• Legs – Does the social strategy have growth potential? Is there scope for expanding the program via more grassroots efforts and/or global partnerships? Is the brand’s social positioning flexible? Does the program have an umbrella framework that would allow for efforts in new areas? Does it encourage consumers to augment the program in their own way? How have outsiders taken the brand’s social strategy efforts and made them their own?
• Overall – How much effort has been directed to developing the brand’s social strategy? Has your brand exceeded others in its category in terms of the scope and scale of your program? How successful has your program been in achieving change? Please supply ‘before and after’ results to support. Has there been a positive impact on ROI attributable to your social strategy efforts?
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THE CASE STUDY COULD BE PUBLISHED. CLEARLY INDICATE IF THERE IS INFORMATION THAT IS FOR THE JUDGES’ EYES ONLY.
Judging: The judging panel will be comprised of experts including marketers, brand experts and university professors who have special expertise in this area. Cases will be judged simply, on a scale from 1 to 10.
Images: Please include no more than four high-resolution images (min. 300 dpi; 4 inches x 6 inches) that highlight your brand’s social strategy.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: FRIDAY FEBRUARY 1, 2008 @ 5pm.