TVB names judges for 2008 Bessies
With the guiding theme 'Only Good TV Lives,' the awards for the best Canadian television advertising will be handed out in Toronto on May 15.
The Television Bureau of Canada has announced the judging panel for the 2008 Bessies Awards, which recognize the best in Canadian television advertising.
With John St. partner/co-CD Stephen Jurisic as chair and Lara Palmer, associate CD, Taxi Vancouver, as vice-chair, the nine judges are expected to consider more than 300 entries. They are:
• Alan Madill, CD, Juniper Park
• Jono Holmes, copywriter, Rethink Vancouver
• Tom Eymundson, partner/director, Pirate New York
• Chris Taciuk, associate CD, DraftFCB.
• Laszlo Perlorian, director, Soft Citizen
• Carlos Moreno, co-CD, BBDO Toronto
• Alison Gordon, editor, Relish
Organized by the TVB in conjunction with the Broadcast Executives Society, the Bessies have been handed out since 1963. The 2008 ceremony will take place in Toronto on May 15.