Ink & Beyond: CNA/CCNA Conference
Biggies from Publicis, Woodbridge and the Washington Post will speak at this year's annual conference of the Canadian Newspaper and Canadian Community Newspaper Associations.
With the theme ‘Ink & Beyond,’ more than 400 CEOs, publishers, editors and corporate execs from the North American newspaper, advertising and marketing industries will converge in Toronto May 7-9 for the annual conference of the Canadian Newspaper and Canadian Community Newspaper Associations.
Innovative strategies newspapers are using to reach audiences through mobile and online technologies along with print will be spotlighted, while seminars and trade show exhibits will focus on Internet solutions and new technologies. Scheduled as part of the conference is the annual Canadian Press Dinner featuring speaker Jim Balsillie, co-CEO of Research in Motion, plus the National Newspaper Awards and the CCNA Better Newspapers Competition Awards.
Conference speakers include:
- Rishad Tobaccowala, CEO of Denuo and Chief Innovation Officer of Publicis Groupe Media (PGM), which oversees Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG) and Zenith Optimedia;
- Michael Raynor, author of The Strategy Paradox and co-author of The Innovator’s Solution, the Deloitte Research Distinguished Fellow and professor of business administration at Harvard;
- Geoff Beattie, president of the Woodbridge Company (private investment company of the Thomson family);
- Candy Lee, president of loyalty services at the Washington Post and former publisher of Harlequin Enterprises; and
- Dr. Piet Bakker, an expert in newspaper innovation, associate professor at the University of Amsterdam and professor of cross-media content at the School of Journalism and Communication at the Hogeschool Utrecht.