L’Oréal, Scotiabank big Sponsorship Marketing winners
Who won what at the fifth annual Sponsorship Marketing Awards?
The fourth annual Sponsorship Marketing Awards were presented yesterday at the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada’s fifth annual conference in Toronto. L’Oréal Canada’s integrated sponsorship program linking its L’Oréal Paris brand with Canadian fashion was named Best of Show.
L’Oréal’s entry was one of 11 awards – including a double win for Scotiabank – that were presented at the ceremony. In addition to being named Best of Show, L’Oréal took top honours in the Media Sponsorship category, introduced this year for sponsored programs or events that are experienced primarily via TV, radio, print, the Internet or other media.
Gold Award and Award of Distinction winners were announced in six categories:
Arts & Entertainment
▪ Marilyn Michener Excellence in Arts & Entertainment Award (Gold): Levi’s ‘Best Impressions’ Program
▪ Award of Distinction: The Scotiabank Giller Prize
▪ Gold: Bring Home the Stanley Cup (PepsiCo Canada, National Hockey League, NHL Players’ Association)
▪ Gold: Campbell’s Chunky Tailgate With the Pros (Campbell Company of Canada, Canadian Football League)
Small Budget (under $100,000 annually, including rights fees and activation)
▪ Award of Distinction: ‘Know-How’ NHL Coaching Workshops (Home Depot, National Hockey League Coaches’ Association)
▪ Gold: SCENE – Scotiabank & Cineplex Entertainment Partnership
Sustained Success (for programs of three or more consecutive years’ duration)
▪ Gold: General Motors of Canada & the Calgary Stampede
▪ Award of Distinction: Purolator Tackle Hunger (Purolator Canada, Canadian Football League)
▪ Gold: L’Oréal Fashion Week
▪ Award of Distinction: Nintendo Integration – Are You Smarter Than a Canadian 5th Grader? (Nintendo of Canada, CanWest Global)
Videos of all winning entries will be posted on the SMCC’s website: www.sponsorshipmarketing.ca.