New chair for sponsorship council
The Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada has also named its board of directors for 2015.
The Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada has named a new chair and board of directors, with the CFL’s senior director of business development Tyler Mazereeuw named to the top spot.
Mazereeuw takes over the chair position from Dan MacKenzie, VP and GM of NBA Canada, who had been in the role since 2012 and will remain on the SMCC board of directors.
The SMCC has been focused on growth in the past year, adding new chapters in Calgary and Vancouver, and launching a series of monthly educational breakfasts for its 600 industry members.
In addition to naming Mazereeuw as the new chair, the SMCC also announced a board of directors that include:
• Dan MacKenzie, NBA Canada Inc.
• Jim Kozak, CBC
• Bonnie Hillman, Arts & Communications Inc.
• Sue Bundy, BMO
• Matthew Logue, S&E Sponsorship Group
• Bart Given, TORQUE Strategies
• Scot Benson, Landmark Cinemas Canada
• Monique Giroux, CIBC
• Dana Gladstone, Hockey Canada
• Brenda Woods, Visa Canada Corporation
• Geoff Robins, Live Nation
• Kim Saunders, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
• Hari Sihvo, Molson Coors Canada
• Dan Alvo, Wrigley Canada
• Marlène Hins, RONA