Motorcycle fans like fast boats and hard liquor – BBM Media Snapshot
A whopping 800,000 adult Canadians (3%) attended a motorcycle show in the past year. Here's who they are and what else they enjoy, including their favourite tipple.
Canadians who attended a motorcycle show in the past year are 41 years old on average, compared to the 46-year average age of Canadians. What are some of their other habits and attributes?
* They were twice as likely to drink rye or Canadian whiskey in the past month than average Canadians.
* They are also twice as likely as average Canadians to go power boating or jet skiing.
* People in this group are 7 times more likely to attend sportsman or outdoors shows than average Canadians.
* Motorcycle show attendees are also 7 times more likely to have acquired a tattoo in the past year.
* TV (81%), radio (77%), and the Internet (62%) are the top 3 media by yesterday exposure for motorcycle show attendees.
* The top three formats by weekly radio reach for this group are: Adult Contemporary (31%), News/Talk (27%) and Classic Rock (21%).
* News/Current affairs (70%), Movies (67%) and Hockey (when in season) (49%) are the top three television program types watched in an average week by motorcycle show attendees.
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Fall ’06, Individuals 18+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 64,000 Canadians conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Craig Dorning of BBM Analytics: email@example.com.