Shelling out for tacos: BBM Media Snapshot
Canadian taco kit users are into hot snacks. Here's what else you should know about them.
A whopping 6.9 million Canadians (25%) have used a taco kit in their household in the past month. Here’s a sketch of who they are.
* Taco kit users average age is 35 while the average age for the rest of Canadians is 46.
* They are 40% more likely than average Canadians to be full-time students
* It’s 80% more likely to find children between 7 to 11 years of age in the households of taco kit consumers.
* Taco kit fans are 40% more likely to have invested in a Registered Education Savings Plan.
* They are 80% more likely to have attended a theme park, water park or water slides between 2 and 6 times in the past year as average Canadians.
* Taco kit users are 75% more likely to have also used a frozen hot snack (such as Burritos or Pizza Pops) in the past month.
* TV (89%), radio (83%), and Internet (62%) are the top 3 media by yesterday exposure for taco kit consumers.
* The top three formats by weekly radio reach for this group are: Adult Contemporary (28%), News/Talk (26%), and Mainstream Top 40/CHR (25%).
* Movies (58%), News/Current affairs (50%), and Suspense/crime dramas (44%) are the top three television program types watched in an average week by taco kit users.
Source: BBM RTS Canada, Fall ’06, Individuals 12+. The preceding information is from BBM RTS, a syndicated consumer-media survey of over 64,000 Canadians, conducted twice a year by BBM Analytics. For more information, contact Craig Dorning at firstname.lastname@example.org.