It seems retirement doesn’t suit Barb Williams.
CBC on Wednesday announced that the long-time TV exec has been appointed as its new EVP.
Williams, who departed Corus Entertainment in October, will assume the role on May 1, 2019. The position was previously held by Heather Conway, who left CBC in December after five years.
“I have asked Barbara to take on this role because of her vast experience as a network executive and her keen understanding of Canada’s ever-changing media landscape,” said Tait in a statement. “This is an important time for the public broadcaster as we look to spark an even deeper connection with audiences here and around the world. Given her track record in building content strategies that consistently result in audience growth, Barbara will help us do just that.”
“I believe wholeheartedly in the importance of strong, dynamic Canadian content, and in the critical role the public broadcaster plays in providing timely and trustworthy news. It has the power to connect people and shift perspectives. I’m looking forward to working with the team at CBC to bring even more compelling Canadian stories to our audiences,” said Williams.
This story originally appears in Playback.